Monday, May 28, 2007

memorial day

So today is Memorial Day, which is never a big deal in terms of picnics or things like that in my family. I did go over to Heather's for a small little barbeque, and that was fun. I can't believe how warm it is outside. What a difference a year makes - the wallpaper on my computer at home has a picture of me feeding ice cream to the pups around the same time last year, and I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. Today I'm in a tank top and shorts. I'll take the summer stuff any day. It's kind of weird how much I'm feeling the heat this year - usually I love sitting in the sun (even though I know it's horrible for me and my wretched skin) but this year I'm shade girl, or inside girl. Something about carrying around a big ol' watermelon just makes you want to stay cool.

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA! (thanks for the reminder, Melissa!)

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Awww... thanks!