Tuesday, May 29, 2007

role models

I can't tell you how exciting it is to think about the fact that Lindsay Lohan, who recently got in yet another alcohol-and-maybe-coke-fueled car accident and is now back in rehab, again, all before she turns 21, is a huge role model for young girls. This is mostly exciting because I'm having a girl, so now the stories of celebrities-gone-bad that have so often entertained me leave me feeling slightly unsettled. How bad is it going to be in 10 years, when I'm dealing with a pre-teen? If Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan, etc, are the girls to look up to now - how egregious will the behavior of the future's role models be?

I shudder to think.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Wow, you ARE a grown up now, huh? Tell me, is the music too loud? Are you yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn?

Seriously, though. It is pretty terrible. LL and PH are horrible role models and raising a girl right now has got to be tough. Maybe by the time little baby Gregmanda grows into teenhood, the world will be a better place.