Friday, June 08, 2007

day off

So, I managed to work so much this week that I went well over "normal" hours yesterday and am just completely taking today off. I'm so very happy about this, because I'm totally beat and I don't have a whole lot planned. I'm supposed to go to lunch with a friend of mine - and that's hardly a difficult obligation. Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous summer day (albeit quite hot) so that's good. What I should really do is some work around the house, but we'll see how ambitious I get.

Greg's been really great lately doing a lot of the heavy lifting around here. He's been doing a ton of work on our yard, which is a several-years-in-the-making job. He's also done a major purge of the garage and basement, and has completely cleared out the room that will be the nursery. We will probably go pick out paint and carpet today, or at some point this weekend, and he'll do that too. I feel badly that I can't do much other than to tell him what I want done, and while that sounds ideal, it's really not. I want to help.

In the meantime, I've been reading the latest Alex Cross novel by James Patterson, Cross. It's really good, although I have trouble keeping my eyes open at night to read it. I'm hoping to make a big dent in it today. Greg got me hooked on these James Patterson books while we were in San Diego. I love when I find an author that I like who has already written a ton of books. I feel like I'll have something to read for a long time. I also just read the book Dedication by Emma McLaughlan and Nicola Kraus. These are the same authors who wrote The Nanny Diaries, which is coming out in movie form this summer, I believe. Dedication was a pretty good book - didn't rock my world or anything, but worth taking out from the library.

That's it for me. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Enjoy your long weekend, says the very jealous man!

Amanda said...

Don't be too jealous - it was a LONG week!