Sunday, June 24, 2007

tick tock tick tock

That's my internal countdown clock. I'm due one month from today. I feel this overwhelming urgency to get so many things done - the room isn't ready, I don't have my bag packed for the hospital, I haven't washed all the baby clothes in Dreft, I haven't installed the carseat - etc, etc, etc - we don't even have a single diaper in the house. And we're gonna need those diapers the second we realize this is really happening, because I think we're gonna crap our pants. It still seems somewhat unreal to me.

Here's a little snapshot from my weekend. I started to feel like the house was disgusting. We are in a real state of transition - we are getting the nursery ready, which means everything in there had to be moved somewhere else, and Greg is doing all kinds of major yard projects, and it feels like everything is is a major state of disarray. So I felt the need to clean the kitchen in a serious way. So I'm bent down, trying to clean the bottom of the fridge, and I could hardly stand back up. At this point, I can hardly hoist myself out of bed, never mind out of a crouching position. So, I started to cry. I cried and cried and felt so sorry for myself, because I couldn't do the cleaning I wanted to do.

Something else from my weekend - I told Greg that, this is IT, we only have a few truly free weekends left, after this we'll have a baby and we'll need to get a sitter, so we've got to live it up! Here's us living it up - yesterday we went to Home Depot and Borders, and then home for the rest of the day. Greg did yard work and I sat there and read/fell asleep. Today I went to a baby shower.

Obviously we know how to party like it's 1999.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Wow, Home Depot AND Borders in the same day? You two are hard core.

Alan said...

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."