Saturday, June 16, 2007

oooh...that's gonna leave a mark

So today was our childbirth preparation class. It was supposed to run from 8:30 to 5, but we got out at 3 instead. Thank God for it too, because I had reached my limit for things-that-will-freak-me-out-to-the-point-of-not-sleeping. Actually, it was really informative - learned a lot about the stages of labor, which range from "ouch" to "*!&*(!^&*!^&*^ ouch" and the glories of epidurals, natural childbirth, c-sections, labor positions, episiotomies (yeesh), all that stuff. We also got to watch a video which featured four women going through different kinds of labors - with drugs, without drugs, with a doula, a c-section - it was somewhat horrifying to think that's where I'll be in less than six weeks. But, at the same time, it was kind of cool - because, holy sh**, that's where I'll be in less than six weeks.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Aaah! I can't beleive it's six more weeks. I need to knit faster.