Friday, January 07, 2011

weekend update. also, logging off.

Well, internet friends, as I promised several times during reverb10, I am going to attempt a digital sabbatical. This weekend, I do not plan on turning on my computer at all. Just typing that sentence makes me twitchy. I seriously think I'm addicted to my laptop. But the problem is, when I'm staring at this screen, I'm depriving my loved ones of my wonderful company. : )

So this weekend, I'm logging off. But of course I have already found a way to cheat - I will be checking in on FB and Twitter once or twice a day. Baby steps, you know?

No major plans this weekend. Looking out the window at the snow tonight, and may watch the new Wall Street movie. (Side note: I saw Catfish last night. Weird movie, but worth seeing. Some people (you know who you are) think it's a real documentary. I, however, do not.) I need to hit the grocery store and Target, and we're getting together with friends tomorrow night. Oh, and I really need to de-Christmas-fy this house. It's starting to get depressing, and I think my Christmas tree might burst into flames.

So yeah. I know you're totally jealous of my plans. What are you doing this weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the same starting this weekend, but attempting a week! Eek. Hardcore at home, but can't escape the computer at work during the week. Good luck to you!

ShanLeigh said...

Enjoy!

Debra said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with Christmas still up (well, not "up", but all piled up on a table).

Enjoy your time off the computer! We'll see you when we see you!

:)

Stereo said...

Good luck and enjoy yourself, Amanda. But don't stay away too long.