Friday, January 14, 2011

weekend update.

So, today when I went to pick up Jane at daycare, the rest of the class was playing some sort of game, and Jane was sitting by herself on a chair, not looking thrilled. I asked the teacher what was wrong, and he said that just moments ago, they all went to the potty, and she fell asleep whilst doing her duty. So he thought maybe she just needed to sit down for a while.

I think "tired-to-the-point-of-falling-asleep-on-the-potty" is a good way to describe all of us over here, so we are particularly thrilled that it is Friday. This weekend is a low-key one, and once again, I plan on keeping my laptop closed until Monday morning (although, I will once again cheat by checking in on Twitter and FB on my BlackBerry - such an evil thing.)

Here's the plan for the next 72 hours:

Saturday: We have yet ANOTHER birthday party for one of Jane's daycare peeps. This one is taking place at a local ice cream joint, and I just checked their website to see what they do for kids birthday parties. Well, apparently they are themed, and I have epic fears there are going to be dress-up characters there (Jane hates all dress-up/mascot-like characters). So we'll see how that all goes. In the meantime, I haven't RSVP'ed for ANOTHER party she was invited to for NEXT weekend yet - girlfriend is way more popular than I am, that's for sure.

Sunday: Nothing planned, except for the weekly trip to my mom's for dinner. Probably a laundry, chores, bookstore-visiting kind of day.

Monday: We have Monday off for MLK Day, so I will be using that time by sending Jane into daycare and doing prep work for Rumors auditions. I finally received my scripts (huge YAY) and now I need to read through and choose segments that the auditionees (auditioners?) (people who are auditioning?) will read at auditions which begin next weekend ohmygod.

What are YOU doing?

4 comments:

Debra said...

She fell asleep on the potty?! Just when I thought she couldn't get any cuter.

And I'm with Jane on characters/mascots; they're just plain freaky.

Enjoy your off-line w/e. I'll need to try that someday. ;)

Stereo said...

Awww poor Jane :(

I hope you guys rest well this weekend and enjoy your extra day off! Us schmucks back in the UK will be back at work come Monday!

Square-Peg Karen said...

Asleep on the potty - I can SO imagine that!

Your post brought back the past - when my own, now grown, girls were partying with little classmates and falling asleep at odd times (face IN the mashed potatoes is one of the ones I remember).

What a lovely, smiley post this is!!

Dwayne "The Train" said...

So of my best naps happen on the potty.