Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm no fashionista.....

...but I love love love "Project Runway," which premieres tonight on Bravo! (Beth, this is a channel you get with cable.) For those of you who know me (and I assume pretty much anyone reading this knows me), I'm not exactly topping the fashion risk chart. I consider myself a commanding officer of the Gap/Old Navy/flip-flips army. Sometimes I slide even lower on the scale of high fashion, like right now, for instance: I'm wearing an old DQ t-shirt (from my ice cream-slinging days) and pink and white striped pj bottoms. HOT.

I think that's one of the reasons why I love this show. It takes a bunch of fairly-to-very talented designers, and puts them in a competition to show a line of clothing during Fall Fashion Week in New York. Heidi Klum is the host, and I gotta tell ya, I love her, not to mention the snarky Michael Kors, Nina Garcia, and most especially, Tim Gunn. Plus, I love to watch people excel in an area where I am completely talent-free (which may explain why I also love "Hell's Kitchen" and "Top Chef" as well).

Check it out. Even if you hate reality television (Alan), you may love this. Give it a shot. It's worth it, I promise.

5 comments:

Alan said...

Thanks for the shout out. But I would sooner watch video of a big turd on my TV than watch any "reality" show. But then again I guess most of them are big turds on the TV landscape :) Alan

lgaumond said...

I don't know if I get Bravo but I might have to look for it. So many people have talked about this show and after watching the Pop Culture Word Series for the past two nights on TV, I'm determined to watch more TV so I can win this thing someday. So far, my worst categories have been Mob Movies and Reality TV. Better get on that.

Beth said...

See, Lisa doesn't know if she gets that channel either. I just know if I got real cable, I wouldn't be able to keep my job, I'd be home all the time and watch tv. I love tv. Which is why I don't have a DVD player either. Although, I'm starting to cave on that one ;-) Secret Santa, are you listening?

lgaumond said...

I hear you Beth, if it weren't for Luke complaining about all the TV-watching, I'd watch more! I'd spring for Expanded Basic cable and maybe, finally get HBO so I can watch Big Love and whatever other cool shows are on there that I never know anything aobut. Cable TV is like candy. If it were in my home, I'd consume it. But really, DVD players are only like $30 now! I think you need to spring for one of those!

Amanda said...

Word, Lisa. WORD.