Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bright, sunshiny day, part deux

Can you tell I'm obsessed with the weather? I so am. I must check weather.com five times a day, look out the window at least as many times, and endlessly talk about the weather right now, what the weather will be like in an hour, tomorrow, next week, next year.

And while I love monitoring the weather, there are certain types of weather I despise. Snow is number one on that list. Followed by: cold, rain, ice, clouds, hail, sleet, hurricanes, etc etc. Can you see a pattern? My dislikes pretty much leave room for only one type of day I like: warm and sunny. I like to watch a big weather event long-distance (unless it's tragic, like Katrina - but even that had a can't-tear-your-eyes-away-from-it aspect), but I sure as hell don't want to experience it myself.

Today is perfection. It's about 75 degrees outside, with a small touch of humidity, and very few clouds to be seen. The kind of weather you see almost every single day in San Diego. Why don't I live there? As I sat outside at lunchtime, realizing how much the sun affected my mood and general happiness, I wondered why myself.

2 comments:

Flann said...

I know why.

Awesomest.
Marketing.
Department.
EVER.

Oh, and San Diego doesn't have a BBCS. Unless you took us all with you. Which, come to think of it, sounds pretty good ...

lgaumond said...

Yeah, as President of the group, I vote that the BBCS all move to San Diego. Do I hear a second??