Sunday, May 21, 2006

Strangely quiet

So here I sit, on a Sunday afternoon (weather check - rainy, cloudy, crappy), instant-messaging with my friend Mike but with little else to do. I mean, I have stuff I can do - books to read, movies to watch, laundry to do, etc. But there is nothing I have to do, at least for the next couple of hours, until I head off to rehearsal for my improv show. This is weird for me - I'm usually running around like an idiot on the weekend, to the point where Monday morning comes around and I'm not sure where the last two days went. It's nice to have a few hours of actual downtime.

I think I'll go finish watching the movie Elizabethtown, which I watched half of yesterday, and really really didn't like that much. So we'll see if I hate the rest of it as much. I'll let you know.

ETA: OK, Elizabethtown seriously was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. And I'm fairly easy to please, chick flick-wise. But Orlando Bloom and, in particular, Kirstin Dunst reached new levels of bad acting. I did like Susan Sarandon, however. Don't waste your time, though.

4 comments:

Flann said...

I think you were the one that originally showed me the MSN review when it first came out, which I believe referred to it as the worst movie ever. Yay for Netflix allowing us to fearlessly test movies out with no fear of committment!

Oh weather-guru, do you think this thunderstorm will take away the awful gloom that's plagued us for two weeks now?

Amanda said...

No.

Amanda said...

It must be armageddon!

lgaumond said...

That makes me sad! I always wanted to get around to watching Elizabethtown and it looks so cute - I mean, look who's in it! Bummer.

And please, let's all say a little prayer to Mother Nature that the forecast I saw this morning for next weekend is true - sunny and 85 for Sunday! You know I love you all, but I really don't want to have to cram everyone inside my house for the b-day party. Keep your fingers crossed!