Friday, June 05, 2009

bits

Man oh man, does this blog suck these days. It's all woe is me, anal expression, woe is me, anal expression. There's got to be more to life than this!

This has been a busy week. I say this all the time, lately. Alan called me out recently by telling me that most of my emails start off talking about how busy I am. If I were Alan I would say, well, if you're so damn busy, why are you writing this email? To which I would say, that's enough outta you. But everyone's busy. I know no one whose life is not crammed full of shit to do. So maybe I'll stop complaining about how busy I am. HA! Oh, how I crack myself up.

I still am not feeling so great. My stomach has been really odd this week again - don't know if it's anxiety, reflux, major undiagnosed illness - there is a part of me that is wondering if I should go get myself checked for THE DIABETES. I know, you're all, here she goes again, but I feel sluggish and gross, and my diet sucks, and I haven't done a great job of eating low sugar, low carb anything, and am kind of afraid that my 40% elevated risk of developing type 2 diabetes has reared its ugly head. Or maybe I'm just tired. Do you think not getting more than 6-7 hours of sleep a night (and more likely 5-6 hours of sleep a night) for two years could make someone feel nauseous?

My show is chugging along. The cast has learned a lot of the music, but I have LOADS of blocking to do. It's gonna be HUGE. It better be, considering it will be my (latest) last hurrah for a while. (Does it count as a "last hurrah" if it's only for a while? Well, you know us theater folk. We like to be DRAMATIC.)

I am so joyous that it is Friday. The aforementioned Alan, with his sidekick Todd, will be joining us at the boat on Sunday. I'm sure that will lead to quite an interesting report on Alan's blog next week, what with his great fear that we're going to sink in the great, deep Connecticut River, all Titanic-style.

Have a great weekend, all y'all!

No comments: