Thursday, November 30, 2006

ideas

So tonight, I was thisclose to calling the whole "blog-off" thing, well, off. I couldn't think of a single thing to write about, because I'm in a very boring phase right now where all I do is come home and watch TV. Well, I went to Target after work, but who the hell wants to hear about that? But then I remembered that Alan had sent me this website that gives you all kinds of ideas for blog and writing topics. Check it out. It's pretty cool. This is the topic it gave me tonight, which I will try to answer:

What age were you most inspired?

It's funny, because I think the age I was the most inspired was the age I was most confused, and that would have to be age 22. I had just graduated college with a BA in English and a concentration in Journalism, and I knew I wanted to be a writer, but breaking into newspapers is really hard to do. I was freelancing at a newspaper, as well as working at a youth theater program, along with working full-time at Barnes & Noble so I could have health insurance. I worked about 70-80 hours a week during those days, and I was never home. I went months without a day off. But when I did have a spare moment, I came up with all kinds of lists and ideas about what I was going to do with my life. I was tied down to nowhere and no one, and I scheduled my life out in a million different directions. Soon after, I did get a full-time job at a newspaper, and life became much more settled (or as settled as it could be as a reporter). But it was that year after college that, because I had no clue where my life was headed, I planned it heading everywhere and doing everything.

4 comments:

Alan said...

See, that was cool, wasn't it? I'm very glad you are still hanging in there. I liked your post. And do you realize that today is the 14th day in a row you have posted on your blog? You have made the two week mark that we started out with.

But inquiring minds want to know, what did you buy at Tar-gé?

Amanda said...

I bought some decorations for Christmas for work and home, and then some boring stuff like moisturizer and soap.

Flann said...

I think my new feature for tomorrow will be something we can all participate in!

Oh, shoot, I still have to get my work decorations. Maybe tomorrow.

Please don't give up! I've been enjoying daily updates from you and Alan. I'm going to bookmark that site because sometimes I don't know what to write either. FYI, a picture is always worth 1000 words, particularly pictures of pups :)

Alan said...

Ooo, decorations, moisturizer and soap. That's good stuff! :)

And now I'm even MORE intrigued by Flannery's new blog feature!