Saturday, November 04, 2006

Stage fright

Last night I had one of the most terrifying moments ever on stage. As y'all know, I have a cold/cough that's steadily gotten worse the past few days. Last night while doing the show, I felt a cough brewing in my throat while I was onstage. I didn't have any speaking parts at that moment - I was just serving breakfast to the family. I let out a couple of minor coughs, but I really could tell I have a huge coughing fit on deck. I held it back, and all of the sudden I felt like my chest was going to explode, my eyes filled up with tears, and the room started spinning. I thought there was about a 90% chance I was going to pass out, so I hightailed it outta there before I was done with all of my "business" (filling cups with coffee, clearing bowls, stuff like that). I went outside and coughed and coughed until I almost threw up (I know this is gross, but I'm trying to get across how horrible it was). Then I flew back onstage (about two seconds past my cue) and continued with the show, all the while my hands shaking and my head spinning. I felt better after a bit, but holy shit, scary! Can't wait to see what tonight brings, as I only feel worse today. My arse has been firmly planted on my couch for two days (minus the show stuff) so I'm doing what I can do to get better. I'm even drinking tea, for God's sakes! (that's a shout out to Miss Flannery).

I was very happy to have my pals and theater compadres Alan and Todd there last night to witness the whole thing - not just the show, but the shenanigans afterwards at the restaurant. : ) Thanks for coming, guys!

No comments: