Friday, December 23, 2011

reverb11 day 23: I'm goin' back to Cali

Today’s reverb11 prompt asks: Did you visit anywhere new this year? Any plans to travel next year?
Well, reverb11, I DID in fact visit somewhere new this year! I FINALLY got to go to the Los Angeles! And about damn time, thinks this lover of gossip mags and all things showbizzy.

I have always wanted to go to LA. You know….just BECAUSE. But Greg didn’t want to, because, in his words, “it’s gross.” See, he had been there before, and so it was all, been there done that, for him – but WHAT ABOUT MEEEEE? Even when we were in San Diego on TWO SEPARATE TRIPS he didn’t want to make the two hour jaunt north so I could try to spot some celebrities. (And, frankly, San Diego, which is where I will retire if I have ANYTHING AT ALL to say about it, is kind of hard to leave for any reason, so I couldn't really blame him.)

So last spring, when my work bestie Beth and I had the opportunity to spend a grand total of 36 hours for a marketing junket thingy (side note: sometimes, maaaybe once a year, we had to travel for marketing junket thingies) ("thingy" is an official marketing term) in LA. Never had we been invited to one of these things in such a fabulous location! And whilst it was completely INSANE to take two cross-country flights to spend a day and a half, including sleeping time AND working time, in Los Angeles, we were ALL IN.

I have written about this before – click here for pics and details – but I want you to pay attention to the second to last paragraph. I shall copy and paste it here, if you do not care to click over:

PS It needs to be said that I was soooo exhausted on Thursday night at the airport while we were waiting to catch our 10:45 p.m. flight (that's 1:45 a.m. for us East Coasters!) that I was laughing harder than I have laughed in about 10 years. I was like a lunatic - a drunk, stumbling, hysterical lunatic. People were giving me dirty looks.

 This trip was truly one big giant you had to be there. But I will look back on it, and my time there with my Beth, very happily for the rest of my life.

PS We did not see ONE SINGLE CELEBRITY. Epic fail, LA!

PPS Please enjoy these additional pics, taken with my Blackberry.





3 comments:

Jason said...

Effin' good for you. I would have done it too. i would have spent every second as giddy as a school kid on his first field trip. To go to a place you have always wanted to go, even if only for a day, is always a good thing.

Beth said...

That was honestly - So. Much. Fun. A perfect combination of locale and company. I would visit anywhere for a mere 36 hours with you ANYTIME. There were laughs, and there were tears, but OH, the laughs!

Dwayne "The Train" said...

i visited somewhere new this year: your mom's vagina. #myapologiesforthistastelessjoke

#reverb11 in #tenwords

also, here’s my reply to yesterday’s prompt: i would love all the dogs.