Wednesday, September 19, 2007

amanda's fall tv review, part 1

Well, I think we've all had enough baby posts, haven't we? Now on to a different topic. I've decided to throw out my opinion on the fall shows that have already been kicking off the season, much to my completely and total delight. I've complained about the vast wasteland of summer tv (sure, sure, I'd rather have the nice weather than good tv, but you need something good to watch in the middle of the night - and don't get me started on how much I love TiVo even more since I had the baby, since I can't get through 10 minutes of a show without having to attend to her in some way...), so I'm just thrilled that my old favorites are starting up again, as well as some new ones that look pretty enticing.

One show that started up again last week is "The Biggest Loser." Oh my God, I love this show so much. People have made fun of me for watching it, because they think I might be looking down on the overweight people who are competing. But that's so not true. As someone who has lost a lot of weight in the past, and is currently doing it again, I find this show inspiring and heartwarming. By the end of the season, you know these people aren't in it for the money - most of them truly want a lifestyle change. I love the trainers, especially Bob, because they are both tough and compassionate with the contestants. And the before-and-afters? LOVE them. These people work so hard for their results, just good, old-fashioned diet and exercise. I've watched this show since the beginning, and I strongly recommend that you check it out too.

Next up this week - "America's Next Top Model" (shut up) and "Survivor" (again, shut up).

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Is your TiVo set to reality-tv-only? Or maybe that's all there is out there. I can't really judge, I fell for Beauty and the Geek last season and I love the Amazing Race.

Alan said...

May I also add my "shut up" to any discussions of "America's Next Top Model" and "Survivor"? :)

N said...

I, too, love America's Next Top Model. It's embarassing, and I can't help it. I even get sucked in by the reruns of the shoes I've already seen.